Monday 29 July 2013

Here Goes....

Hello Civilians and Faujis alike!

I have been nursing the idea to start a blog ever since I got to know what the internet was. It's nice to have a diary which the world can read but I was too lazy to type, edit and review. For  that, I joined Twitter. Very exciting, very informative and very very addictive. After a few months on Twitter, I have stopped reading newspapers because all the news comes on my TL before it is published. I have stopped watching news on TV because I now believe that there is such a thing called as "Paid Media". Every time a news comes out I believe that there is some Conspiracy going on. I am so addicted to Twitter that it takes quite an effort to NOT stop writing this and go back to staring blankly at my Twitter timeline giggling at the occasional joke or sarcasm doled out by the good people I follow.

I need help.

To stop myself from becoming a "tweetaholic", I have decided to put my thoughts in a more organised way over here. Let me just give you a brief introduction about me and what you, as a reader, can expect to read here.

I am an Army Brat. Over the past 22 years I have stayed in various parts of our country, made many friends, from all corners of India and have learnt that the best gift you can give yourself is to move on quickly. I do just that (Sorry, future girlfriends). I don't hold a grudge against you unless you abuse my country or the troops who protect it. I find it damn easy to laugh at myself and do not hesitate to make fun of people. I'm politically neutral but believe that government should change every 5 years. Hobbies include but are not limited to quizzing, following sports, watching movies/TV shows, traveling and reading. I play decent basketball and football and can give you a run for your money in swimming. Sadly, I suck at Cricket. I am a fan of Arsenal since the days of Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry. Last, but not the least, I am a Telecommunication Engineer.

Too many "I" in the previous sentence right? Makes me feel like I'm bragging. Moving on (See what I did there?) , if you are interested in current affairs, defence and strategic matters, internal security, politics and sports, you have come to the right place. Let me be clear, I may not agree with your viewpoint, but I'll definitely hear what you have to say. You are expected to do the same.
So, this, officially is my first  blog post. There will be many more to come.

You can follow me on Twitter. My handle is @faujibrat

Au Revoir...

No comments:

Post a Comment